Dogsledding excursion to Kiruna
- Varaktighet: 7 Timmar (cirka)
- Produktkod: DOGEX
Before Covid arrived Abisko was blessed with several dog sledding companies, which offered our guests lots of choice and availability. Sadly, Covid led to the loss of 50% of the dog sledding capacity in Abisko so now there is only one provider in the National Park who offers dog sledding adventures. They are a fantastic company, with incredible dog sledding trips in Abisko, but unfortunately for our guests they are usually fully booked months in advance. This makes it very difficult to find availability for our guests on the ground in Abisko. With this in mind, Lights Over Lapland, and our friends at Kiruna Dogsled have created a brand new and exciting dog sledding adventure in the beautiful village of Oinakka – just outside of Kiruna, near the world’s original Icehotel.
Lights Over Lapland and Kiruna Dog Sled’s owners have been friends for nearly 15 years, and both companies put our guest experience’s during our tours as a top priority. With this in mind, we have created a 10 – 12 KM circuit which crosses through some of the most scenic Arctic wilderness in the area that is sure to help you create spectacular memories of your own mushing adventure during your time in our care. During the dog sledding adventure, your professional musher/guide will drive a sled which accommodates up to four guests. Having a professional musher drive the sled ensures the highest levels of safety for our guests, and allows healthy guests of nearly all levels of physical ability to enjoy this once in a lifetime dog sledding adventure. While your professional musher controls the team of dogs, you can sit back, relax, take LOTS of pictures and enjoy every second of your time in the Arctic wilderness.
Approximately halfway through the dog sledding adventure, we will stop at our remote Arctic wilderness camp where your guide will prepare a warm fire, piping hot drinks and classic Swedish Fika. An example of what might be served is a warm cup of coffee or tea and steaming cinnamon rolls. During this break we encourage you to spend some quality one on one time with your dogs as they absolutely love to cuddle and enjoy a belly rub in exchange for providing you with the thrill of riding behind them in a classic dog sledding adventure. After you have had a chance to relax by the fire, we will hop back on the dog sled and continue with our 10 – 12 KM circuit.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Lunch is not included nor available for purchase at the dogsledding camp so we highly recommend that you bring a packed lunch on this excursion.
- This activity takes place in Oinakka, near Kiruna. Round trip transportation from Abisko & Björkliden is included.
- You may have to share a sled with other people. We allow up to 4 people per sled.
- The actual time on the sled is approximately 2 x 30 minutes but can be slightly shorter or longer depending on snow conditions.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Round trip transportation from your hotel in Abisko or Björkliden to the dogsledding camp near Kiruna.
- Warm overalls, winter boots, hats and gloves.
- Warm drink and cinnamon bun is included but please bring your own lunch.
We pick you up from any hotel in Abisko or Björkliden.
PICK UP INFORMATION
If you are staying in Abisko, please be ready for pick up at your hotel from 9:15 AM.
If you are staying in Björkliden the pickup time is 9:00 AM.
Departing from Oinakka 2:15 PM.
All guests returned to their hotels by 4:00 PM.