Landscape photography adventure
- Varaktighet: 4 Timmar (cirka)
- Produktkod: LSC
Enjoy a four hour landscape adventure with one of our professional photography guides!
The session will start with a meeting to assess what you would like to learn from the session, your professional guide will then take you to a number of stunning locations chosen to match the type of photographs you would like to capture.
The sessions can cover everything from basic camera skills to more advanced photographic disciplines.
- Basic camera skills – learn the relationship between shutter speed, aperture and ISO, and how to adapt settings for the subject and the situation.
- Composition – compose your images like a pro, learn how different focal lengths effect the composition by changing the scale of the background. Learn how to approach a scene and how changing position or tripod height can affect the final shot.
- Get to know your equipment – learn how to get the most out of your camera and lenses. Learn how to use the customisable settings on your SLR so that you can check the sharpness of your images quickly. Check that you have all the relevant data in RAW images so that you can get the most out of post processing your images.
- Focusing – Making sure that you get pin sharp shots from front to back. Learn how to use hyper-focal focusing through live view and the depth of field preview. Understand how to maximise your chances of capturing action and fast moving subjects.
- Macro – How to get macro shots of ice crystals, Arctic lichens and intimate landscapes. Learn how to compose and get the critical focus point on macro shots. Learn how to stack several images to increase your depth of field.
Abisko National Park is one of the most exotic and accessible Arctic wildernesses in Lapland. The different locations below represent the best of the local environment. Locations will be selected depending on the conditions and what you want to get out of the session;
- The Shoreline of Torneträsk – a fantastic location providing many opportunities for landscape and macro photography. There are incredible views of the iconic mountain Lapporten across the lake, beautiful rocks and trees covered in icicles and of course the lake itself which can change daily from calm to wild with waves and spray through to frozen with beautiful ice formations depending on the conditions.
- The Arctic birch forest – is amazing with snow covered birch trees, wide vistas of the mountains and frozen lakes. Looking in more detail beautiful lichens can be found as well as intricate ice formations. Many animal prints can be found and if you are lucky wildlife can be seen.
- The Abisko River Canyon – close to the Abisko Tourist Station is a beautiful canyon with icy walls and great leading lines make it a perfect place to talk about and practice composition and focusing in complex situations.
Good to know:
- Our Landscape Photography Courses are limited to 4 participants per guide – maximizing your ability to spend as much one on one time with your guide as possible. We are confident that you will go home with lots of great pictures and memories of the Arctic that will last a lifetime!
- All of the sessions are fully customisable to your needs and we will make sure that you get the most out of your adventure. If you require any further information please don’t hesitate to let us know – we are happy to help in any way that we can!
- Professional camera gear is possible to borrow for no extra charge if you do not have your own.
- It is important that you wear warm clothes, hats and gloves as well as warm insulated winter boots for your feet.
- Lunch is not included so we recommend you bring a packed lunch from your hotel so you do not get hungry during the trip.